Make an application
You can submit an application online through the Planning Portal.
Please see list of information you will need to submit you're your application, the 'Validation List'.
Standards for online submissions
If you are submitting your planning application online, please assist us by using the following standards.
File sizes for electronic submissions
- No individual file size greater than 5MB
- No .zip or .exe files are submitted
Additional material can be submitted on CD/DVD for major applications.
Electronic file naming
- A list of all submitted documents is included
- All document/drawing file names have a brief description in plain English eg "Proposed rear elevation"
- Drawings are submitted in single layer .pdf
- Where possible drawings are A3 size
- Do not provide drawings with optional scales at different paper sizes
- Scanned drawings are a minimum 200dpi resolution
- A list of drawings is supplied to include drawing number, description and paper size
- Critical dimensions checked on .pdf and are in scale
- Orientation of .pdf drawings are correct when viewed on screen
- A scale bar, key dimensions and a North point are included on all drawings
- Letters, reports etc. are in .pdf
- List of photographs/photo montages annotated with title and context/purpose explained is included
- Size of each photograph file is below 1MB
- Photographs are a maximum size of 15x10cm
Photographs can also be provided on CD/DVD
Submit by post:
To submit a planning application by post, you will need to print out the application form(s)and fill them in. Once you have done that you need to post them to us at:
Hastings Borough Council
Muriel Matters House