Sussex Coast College
With our partners on the Sussex Coast College Hastings team, we developed this inspiring gateway to the town for business visitors, tourists and residents alike.
At the centre of the scheme was a new £65M sixth form and further education college. This was the result of a fundamental review of post-16 education by the Learning and Skills Council.
The Station Plaza scheme is having a big impact on the future of Hastings town centre, bringing in 2,000 students as well as residents and workers.
The key elements of the college include:
- a 6 storey building based upon 4 interlinked blocks covered by a glazed atrium
- 104 residential units
- 324 underground car parking spaces
- a covered street that acts as an open but secure and weatherproof environment for circulation within the college campus
- a highly visible main entrance onto the Hastings Station open plaza space
- key building frontage presenting a fantastic 'shop window' for the college to interact with the rest of the town
- new primary care health centre offering new accommodation for 10 GPs with excellent access for pedestrians and vehicles
- attractive pedestrian walkway in front of Hastings Station through to South Terrace and proposed cycleway
- separate residential development with a private external courtyard
Find out more about on the Sussex Coast College.