Home Page >> Community and Living >> County Council services >> County Council and Borough Council Services
County Council and Borough Council Services
Things we don't do
The following services are provided by East Sussex County Council:
- Children's centres and day centres for elderly people
- Fire and Rescue
- Health care, clinics, health visitors, doctors or dentists
- Local bus services
- Local landfill site (tip)
- Road and pavement repairs and traffic calming
- Social housing (Housing Associations do this)
- Social services - support and residential care for vulnerable children, older people and people with disabilities; family support; adoption and fostering, and child protection
- Street lighting
Things we must
By law we must provide the following services:
Things we need to do
To support our work we need to:
Even though we need to do these things, we are still trying to do them as efficiently as possible to make sure they offer good value for money.
Things we choose to do
We choose to do a wide range of things that we think are important in meeting the unique needs of Hastings, and our aim to improve our economy, reduce poverty and deprivation and improve the quality of life and our local environment.
The challenge ahead of us now is to make decisions about spending priorities and we need to know which of these things you value the most.