Home Page >> Business and Jobs >> Regenerating Hastings & St Leonards >> Big Local
This page contains the following information:
Back to top of page...
Big Local is an exciting opportunity for residents in 150 areas around England to use at least £1m to make a massive and lasting positive difference to their communities. It's about bringing together all the local talent, ambitions, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations who want to make their area an even better place to live.
North East Hastings' Big Local's Interim Steering Group (ISG) wishes to invite local organisations to manage and deliver the start-up element of the ten year programme to engage local residents, businesses and community and voluntary groups in activities which will make a lasting difference to their neighbourhood. A budget of £18,000 has been allocated to the project.
All applications should be submitted by e-mail to Craig Atkins at Orbit South, email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 28 February.
Back to top of page...
Application and selection process
Getting started time framework
- Publication of Commission: Friday, 01 February
- Application closing date: Thursday, 28 February
- Application short listing date: Monday/Tuesday 04/05 March
- Application interview date: Thursday 07 to Wednesday 13 March
- Appointment confirmation: The day following interview
- Feedback to unsuccessful applicants: The day following interview
Please note that meetings involving residents may take place during the evening.
Assessment of application
- The Interim Steering Group will establish a subgroup with residents in the majority to oversee the selection process
- Applications will be only considered from not-for-profit organisations with established local connections
- Applications will be assessed using the information provided on the proposal form
- Each application will be assessed according to how well it meets the requirements set out in the specification and the level of value for money offered
- A short-list of applicants will be invited to an interview with ISG members to discuss their proposal prior to a final decision
- The selected organisation will be appointed by ISG and will enter into a contract with the local 'Trusted Organisation'. In North East Hastings the Trusted Organisation is Orbit South, which works on behalf of the ISG
- The commencement date will be agreed with the ISG and is subject to the readiness of a contract prepared by the Orbit South
- Feedback will be provided to all unsuccessful applicants following appointment as required