Am I eligible?
If you need help to pay your Council Tax bill, you may be able to get a Council Tax Reduction. Council Tax Reduction won't affect other benefits you get.
If you are already receiving Universal Credit you may be eligible for Council Tax Reduction.
To work out your Council Tax Reduction, we'll look at:
- money you and your partner or civil partner have coming in, including earnings, some benefits and tax credits and things like occupational pensions
- your savings/capital, and your partner's or civil partner's savings/capital
- your circumstances; for example your age, the size of your family and their ages, if you or any of your family are disabled, and if anyone who lives with you could help with the Council Tax.
You're not eligible, if:
- You are of Working Age and your calculated CTR entitlement is £5 per week or less
- You have savings/capital of over £16,000, unless you are receiving Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- You're an asylum seeker or sponsored to be in the UK.
Council Tax Reduction